WONGA PARK CRICKET CLUB SEEKS SENIOR COACH
The Wonga Park Cricket Club is seeking the services of a senior playing or non-playing coach for season 2018/19 and beyond.
We are a large and vibrant Club, playing in the Ringwood District Cricket Association, with an exciting future. Last season we fielded:
· Seven senior teams, with five finishing in the finals. Our First and Second 11 are particularly young and very talented with the Firsts finishing on top of the ladder at the end of the home and away season and then playing off in the Bill Wilkins Cup grand final. Ten of our 12 grand final team members all played junior cricket at the Club.
· 12 junior teams with all age groups (U18s to U10s) represented, including two girls teams, and a In2Cricket program. In the previous season WPCC won the inaugural Cricket Australia ‘Junior Program of the Year’ which we are very proud of and highlights the effort the Club has made over a long period in developing our junior players.
· Three veteran teams
We are determined to keep providing the right environment on and off the field where our young group will continue to develop as cricketers and people, while ensuring the engagement and enjoyment of our older players.
We therefore, strongly believe this position of senior (playing) coach provides the right person with a wonderful opportunity to make a significant contribution to our Club going forward.
The successful applicant will:
· Possess strong leadership, communication and mentoring skills
· Be able to engage with and motivate all players, particularly working very closely with our senior group
· Have the ability to plan and implement (pre) season training programs that will be challenging and tailored to the needs of our entire playing group
· Be a strong advocate for junior development
· Be able to demonstrate sustained success as a player if applying for a combined player/coach role
· Be an active social member of the Club
To help the coach achieve success the Club will provide strong administrative and training support. Remuneration is negotiable.
The Club has excellent training and clubroom facilities and is located in the idyllic Wonga Park reserve, a wonderful location to play and watch cricket.
All applications, expressions of interest and enquiries are welcome and will be treated with confidence.
Interested applicants should apply to:
Mobile: 0407 114 228
Applications close Friday 25th May, 2018